Thursday, October 15, 2015

Buy This BOO! Akira Toriyama's 'Cowa' Is The Vampire Wrestler Road Comedy You Need

Akira Toriyama might be the most famous comics creator that I have the least familiarity with, but I'm trying to remedy that. Slowly but surely, I'm making my way through a few of the pieces of his back catalog that aren't necessarily about Goku charging up to Super-Saiyan, and with Halloween on the horizon, I thought it was finally time to sit down with Cowa, the 1997 comedy manga about a little kid vampire on a mission to save his village from the ravages of the monster flu. I picked it up during Viz's last big digital manga sale and I've been saving it for the one month where I want to read about Draculas slightly more than I do for the rest of the year. Now that I've read it, I can highly, and probably unsurprisingly, recommend it. It's funny, it's adventurous, and it's not at all the story that it looks like at first glance. Continue reading…

No comments:

Post a Comment