Thursday, September 3, 2015

Garth Ennis And Keith Burns Revive 'Johnny Red' At Titan

I don't want to blow anybody's mind here, but I have a sneaking suspicion that Garth Ennis really, really enjoys writing war comics. I'm not sure what the tipoff was --- it might've been War Story or Punisher or Battler Britton or War Is Hell or all the stuff with the tank in Hitman --- but something about his comics have given me the idea that he has an affection for the genre, and the chops to back it up. So I can't really say that it's a complete surprise that he's teaming up with artist Keith Burns and publisher Titan Comics to revive Johnny Red, the story of a British pilot fighting in the skies over Stalingrad in World War II, and if history --- both Ennis's and Stalingrad's --- is any indication, it's going to be pretty brutal. Continue reading…

No comments:

Post a Comment